Sunday 6 March 2011

Melodee Character

Hi Everyone,
This is a young girl called Melodee who, as the name would suggest, is very into music. She can play any instrument and has a music and MP3 type device attached to her wrist. Luckily I'd already created a version of her in Animation:Master a few years back. This came in very handy for, not only assisting in the creatiion of the character turnarounds but especially in seeing the wrist device in various poses.


This is the character as created in Animation:Master. I use Maya every day in my work but it's always a pleasure to come back to A:M. I had planned on creating this project in A:M originally but the rendering times of CG are so prohibitive without a decent render farm. Also, it's quite nice, after being involved in CG all day, to get back to drawing and creating in 2D even if it is still using computers.


I zoomed the camera in on the wrist device and while rotating the camera around the wrist rendered a series of images.












These images were loaded into Anime Studio Pro and traced. I could have worked the shapes out but this certainly saved some brain power.


The finished character looks much like that below. I've since made the arms slightly shorter and tweaked a little.



That's all for the moment. Thanks for looking.




(c) copyright 2011 Dale Hemenway

1 comment: